Sunday, September 28, 2014




             And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. No man can come unto me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye may have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

            Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation. This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. For as Jonas was a sign unto the ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation. The men of Nineve shall rise up in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here. I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness  of me, that the Father hath sent me. I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me. And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.

               If I bear of myself, my witness is not true. There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true. Ye sent unto John, and he bear witness unto the truth. But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me. I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me bear witness of me. I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment